Choosing the right therapist involves finding someone you feel you can trust and work with. It is also important that person has undertaken a thorough and rigorous training, and is appropriately registered with the relevant professional bodies.
I hold the following professional and academic qualifications:
- Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (WPF Therapy)
- Clinical Qualification in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy with Adults (WPF Therapy)
- Clinical Qualification in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy with Adults (London Centre for Psychotherapy)
- MA (with distinction) in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice (Roehampton University)
- Diploma in Psychoanalytic Supervision (Guild of Psychotherapists)
- Certificate in Working with Couples (Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust)
In addition to my formal training, I have had many years of four-times and five-times-a-week personal psychotherapy and psychoanalysis, and therefore know first-hand what it is like to undertake an exploratory therapeutic treatment as a patient.
I am registered with the following professional bodies:
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- British Association for Psychoanalytic and Psychodynamic Supervision (BAPPS)
I am an approved psychotherapist for Aviva Healthcare, PruHealth and WPA private healthcare insurance.
In addition to my private practice I have clinical experience in various mental health settings, having worked as as a psychotherapist in the NHS, and as a counsellor for various employee assistance programmes, community counselling services and therapeutic agencies.
I have experience of teaching, supervising and leading post-qualification workshops for various counselling and psychotherapy trainings across the UK.
I teach clinical and theoretical seminars on the psychoanalytic psychotherapy training at the British Psychotherapy Foundation, and for many years I have taught a weekly seminar on Advanced Clinical and Theoretical Issues to final year psychodynamic psychotherapy trainees at WPF Therapy. I have considerable experience in the provision of clinical supervision to both trainee and qualified therapists within my clinical practice, and within training and organisational settings.