I am a member of the British Association for Psychoanalytic and Psychodynamic Supervision (BAPPS), and am on the UKCP Register of Approved Supervisors.
I provide supervision and clinical consultation to qualified and trainee counsellors and psychotherapists in my private practice. I tend to supervise practitioners who work within a psychodynamic or psychoanalytic framework.
In supervision I aim to support the therapist by:
- exploring unconscious processes in the clinical material presented
- linking theory with practice
- working with the transference and countertransference in order to deepen an understanding of the client's inner world
- addressing issues of technical difficulty in the clinical work which may be hindering the therapist's efficacy
- encouraging the therapist to develop their own ways of reflecting, thinking and processing clinical material, in order that they establish their own identity as a therapist over time
Within supervision I draw on my own clinical experience in private practice, the NHS, Employee Assitance Programmes, counselling agencies and the voluntary sector, together with my experience of teaching and supervising trainee and qualified clinicians both individually and in groups over many years.
If you would like to find out more about my training, qualifications and experience please click here. If you would like to read more about my approach to therapy please click here.
My fee for supervision is £70.00 per session. You are welcome to telephone or email me at any time to make further enquiries or to set up an initial meeting to explore the possibility of supervision with me.